Saturday, December 20, 2008

Taco Soup

I got this recipe off of "A Year of CrockPotting".
This tasted so good to me!! I kept taking small helpings while it was cooking and I just kept wanting more. I love chili but I think I like this better than chili. I think they both have their places but this is a new favorite!
--2 cans of kindey bean
--2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn (I used a 16oz pkg of frozen corn)
--1 large can of diced tomatoes
--1 can tomatoes and chiles (I used a medium spiced can and it added the perfect heat for me)
--1 packet taco seasoning (I used McCormick because it is gluten free or you could make your own)
--1 packet ranch dressing mix (OK, I used maybe half a package of Hidden Valley, but I think next time I won't use it because it contains MSG which I like to stay away from)
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger
--1 onion ( I added one onion and cooked it with the ground turkey but is optional)
--shredded cheese and sour cream for embelishment (optional)

The Directions:

--brown meat if you are going to use it
--drain fat and add meat to crockpot stoneware insert
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans

cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5.

serve with shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. you could also add some corn chips if you wanted.

YUMMY!

No comments: