Saturday, December 20, 2008

Berry Banana Cashew Green Smoothie

This is a very basic smoothie but one that I really love! When nothing else sounds good to me I make this one.

Berry Banana Cashew Green Smoothie

Spinach (as much as you want, but a couple really big handfuls is good)
1-2 leaves of kale,
heaping 2/3 cup of frozen berries (berry mix from Costco)
1 banana
2/3 c plus a little more cashew milk (recipe below)
2 T flax seed
1-2 T Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (before you hyperventilate...non- hydrogenated coconut oil is very very healthy! Don't take my word for it search it out for yourself. One of the books I read on this topic was "The Miracle of Coconut Oil" by Bruce Fife. If you want some quick and easy information go here http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/coconut-oil-health-benefits.html)


Cashew Milk
This is the recipe I use. I LOVE Elana's Pantry! Check it out especially if you have a gluten issue and prefer to eat natural and low glycemic foods. I have tried several of her recipes and they have all been great. I will post more about that later.
http://www.elanaspantry.com/beverages/cashew-milk/

No comments: